Start date: 13 Nov 2017
Job reference: PE10948576
Branch: London North West Primary
Consultant: Kate Do Van
Call: 0208 371 7915
Job description We are looking for support specialist for long term opportunity at one of our fabulous primary schools within the borough of Brent, London.
Our client is looking for a Learning Support Assistant to support a child in Reception who is diagnosed with an autistic spectrum. As an ASD support specialist (LSA), you will support and facilitate the pupil's academic, social and personal development, encouraging them to develop their social skills, and helping them to use resources to make lessons fun and creative. You will need to make sure that the child in question feels safe and comfortable in the school environment, and that his behaviour doesn't disturb the rest of the class.
Previous or existing experience within the ASD setting would be an advantage.
• Available to start immediately
• Able to work 5 days per week
• Existing experience working with children with communication difficulties/ASD spectrum
• Confidence dealing with pupils with different abilities
• A good knowledge of the national curriculum
• Cable of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus, classroom management and on-going 1:1 support where necessary
• Good interpersonal skills.
• General knowledge / good understanding of ASD.
Protocol Education offers all Teaching Assistants:
• Excellent rates of pay
• Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
• A wide variety of different positions, both day to day and long term
• Continued support through all placements
• Free CPD courses
If you feel this description matches your personality, please contact Kate on 02083717915 or apply online at www.protocol-education.com.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.