Vacancy Reference Number 67260BR
Job Title Finance Manager - Trading
Job Title FE Finance Manager
Business area FE Support Office
Location Nottingham Support Office
Function Area Finance
Function FE Finance
Contract Type Permanent
Shift Pattern Full time - weekdays
Hours per week Over 35 hours per week
Keyword (please ensure all words are separated by a comma) finance manager, finance, manager, commercial finance, accountancy, accountant, commercial
Latitude,longitude 1 52.927182,-1.183948
Is this a Global Brands req? No
Boots is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores intheUK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc, the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise.
Our trading finance team plays a key role business partnering with the Trading Director, Heads of Trading and category buying teams across the retail side of the business. The finance team work closely with the commercial buying teams (c250 people) to maximise performance, provide decision support, analysis and hold the teams to account supporting the delivery of our trading plans.
The job holder will be working in a central role supporting all of the individual category finance teams (c20 people) and the Commercial Finance Director in consolidating, understanding and driving overall performance across the retail business. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make an impact with senior stakeholders in both trading, finance and across the wider business.
• Lead forecasting, budgeting and longer range strategic planning for retail
• Provide analysis and insight to highlight trends and drivers of performance
• Identify potential opportunities to maximise in year profit
• Lead cross category plans and initiatives across the trading teams to improve performance
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders including the Trading Director, Heads of Trading and Commercial Finance Director
• Work closely with the category finance managers to drive consistent ways of working and support to the buying teams
A qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with related finance experience, a commercial thinker and the ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders, who feels comfortable in challenging the status quo.
You will need to demonstrate:
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior finance and non-finance business partners
• Proactive approach with the ability to identify issues and drive actions through to conclusion
•Ability to have an impact and influence with senior stakeholders and to hold business partners to account
•An ability to manage competing priorities and deliver strong financial results
•Strong commercial awareness
•Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills