Vacancy Reference Number 58815BR
Job Title Finance Assistant Global Brands
Location Nottingham Support Office
Function Area Finance
Contract Type Permanent
Shift Pattern Full time - weekdays
Hours per week Over 35 hours per week
About Global Brands
Global Brands is a cross divisional organization of Walgreens Boots Alliance that aims to give WBA retail businesses as well as global partners a sustainable competitive advantage by combining great brands and innovative products with unparalleled commercial expertise and consumer insight. Global Brands is comprised of three pillars – Global Insights & Best Practice, Global Consumer Brands and Global Sourcing and Manufacturing - that work in close partnership together to ensure a collaborative, successful and truly global platform to give the businesses clear competitive advantages. Products in the Global Brands portfolio include Soltan, No 7,Well at Walgreens, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle and Boots Pharmaceuticals.
Overview of the role
The Global Brands financial accounting and reporting team is a small team (c.12 people) focusing on delivering high quality accounting and reporting processes, developing commercial support to drive performance improvements and consolidating the results of recently acquired businesses.
Within this role you will need to be able to build strong relationships, be a good self-starter, and be comfortable working with the challenge of a dynamic and growing environment.
Key stakeholders in this role include payroll, International Retail commercial teams and Global Brands FP&A.
- Management of key month end activities for completion of monthly financial reporting requirements. Key activities comprise preparation of management accounts, supporting production of KPI pack and operating cost reporting to senior stakeholders
- Performance of balance sheet control pack including account reconciliations, identifying and investigate differences along with taking prompt corrective action to ensure accounts are accurate.
- Ad hoc accounting analysis into SAP accounting system such as customer or supplier balance enquiries, investigating and explaining budget variances, or performing key movement analysis.
- Upload supplementary information to Group accounting system (Cognos) and related reporting packs
- To be a central point of contact for Boots International with regards to Corporate expenses ensuring this is collated and reconciled in accordance with the expense policies for the Finance manager to approve.
- Assisting as part of the team during the budgeting process on key activities including analysing year on year movements and processing adjustments into Group accounting system (Cognos).
- To be a central point of contact for royalties calculations and reconciliation for exclusive brands
- Preparation of draft Statutory Accounts (FRS101) for review by Finance Manager
For more information about the role, please contact Kate Hackett Kate.Hackett@boots.co.uk