Vacancy Reference Number 58817BR
Job Title Finance Analyst - Financial Accounting and Reporting
Location Nottingham Support Office
Function Area Finance
Contract Type Permanent
Shift Pattern Full time - weekdays
Hours per week Over 35 hours per week
About Global Brands
Global Brands is a cross divisional organization of Walgreens Boots Alliance that aims to give WBA retail businesses as well as global partners a sustainable competitive advantage by combining great brands and innovative products with unparalleled commercial expertise and consumer insight.
Global Brands is comprised of three pillars - Global Insights & Best Practice, Global Consumer Brands and Global Sourcing and Supply - that work in close partnership together to ensure a collaborative, successful and truly global platform to give the businesses clear competitive advantage. Products in the Global Brands portfolio include Soltan, No7, Well at Walgreens, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Boots Pharmaceuticals.
Overview of the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an individual to join the Global Brands Financial accounting and reporting team as a Finance Analyst. This is not a typical accounting role as the role will focus on the Global Brands cost base supporting monthly accounting, reporting and annual and quarterly forecasting and helping to produce insight and analysis for the wider team and senior finance team.
- Assist in delivery and consolidation of monthly Global Brands cost reports managing relationships with data providers form all Global Brands entities around the world
- Work with non-finance stakeholders within the central support functions (Finance / HR / Communications) to produce accurate and credible monthly actuals, forecasts and budgets and support the presentation of these results in a useful and concise way
- Support UK finance colleagues with the monthly processing of costs and provide help and guidance on technical and systems related queries ensuring controls are followed and a consistent approach is used by all
- Creation and enhancement of tools to assist the business in further analysing its cost base and drivers
- Providing the required evidence and backing to support sign off on accruals and prepayments for Sarbanes Oxley purposes
Our Ideal Candidate
You will be a part qualified or qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, CA, ACCA) with related finance experience, who has the ability to work and communicate effectively with key individuals across the business, who thrives in taking on challenging work and improving processes.
- Strong communication, relationship-building and people leadership skills, in order to inspire, effect change and drive successful processes and performance
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills, combined with ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to work in complex and ambiguous matrix organization
- High energy and resilience, with ability to manage multiple priorities and perform effectively under pressure
- A strong knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint with some SAP experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of US GAAP preferred
What’s in it for you?
As well as a role that will give the right candidate great visibility across the whole of Global Brands, you’ll find opportunities for development and progression.
The very best candidate will be rewarded with a generous salary package and in addition to this we also offer extensive benefits:
- Discretionary Annual bonus plan – linked to both individual and company performance;
- Contributory pension scheme;
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with service;
- Discounted BUPA and dental plans;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Generous staff discounts – 22% on Boots – branded products and 12.5% for non-branded products.