|Job Status||Applicants Required|
My client has an opportunity for a Consultant level Ecologist within their Ecology team, based in their Carlisle office.
Excellent fieldwork and report writing skills
My client is seeking an Ecologist who is desirably a Full member of IEEM, IEMA or other recognised professional body, or who has made significant progress toward this achievement.
You will have experience of carrying out Phase 1 and extended habitat surveys; negotiating and applying for environmental consents and licensing in relation to gaining planning permission for development sites and ideally have site supervision experience as an ECoW. The successful candidate will be part of their growing Ecology team in Cumbria which sits within our UK wide Environment sector.
- Line Management
- The post is not expected to include line management responsibilities initially but this may change depending on the success of the service and the demand for support.
- Professional and Technical Responsibilities
- Advice, information and assistance on a range of ecological issues directly to clients or through the commissioning of appropriate consultants as sub-contractors;
- Advice to colleagues on developments, key contacts and technical aspects of work in the development sector.
- Operational Responsibilities
- Business development, including identifying and approaching existing and key potential clients in order to promote ecology services and alerting colleagues within the business to opportunities as appropriate;
- Identification of required services, skills and the appropriate personnel to provide them, whether within the business or from external agencies and businesses;
- Bid support, including the development and maintenance of databases of appropriate skills and other contacts, bid templates, text, photos and case studies;
- The maintenance of databases of relevant ecological information and sources of information.
- Project and Programme Management
- Awareness of Project Management, including assistance with assembling project teams and subsequent management of resources, finances and procedures (eg. Business management System, CDM and/or quality control) and client management;
- Project management to ensure that ecological services generally are being delivered to the client's satisfaction - on time, within budget and to the required quality standards;
- Client liaison on individual projects as appropriate.
- Other Responsibilities
- Contributing to business planning activities, as appropriate;
- Contributing to business improvement initiatives, as appropriate.
- An appropriate degree qualification
- Full membership (or eligabilty) of CIEEM
- A minimum of five years employment in ecological consultancy or other relevant work
- Experience of extended Phase 1/PEA skills to protected species-specific survey techniques, mitigation schemes and ideally EWPS licence applications.
- Excellent fieldwork and report writing skills
- Experience in the production of post-planning documents such as CEMP and EMP
- In-depth knowledge of the application of UK and relevant European environmental legislation
- Have a full clean UK driving licence.
- Enthusiasm to deliver professional services and expand this area of work
- Experience within a consultancy or similar area
- Hold EPS survey licences for species groups in particular bats, great crested newts, white-clawed crayfish
- A post-graduate degree in ecology or related field
- Team management skills
- Project management skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.