Order Picking & Warehouse - Temporary
£7.5 per hour, Benefits: Overtime available
Job Title: Distribution Assistant
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £7.50 per hour
Working Hours: 06:00am to 15:00pm and 14:30pm to 23:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our client is the UK’s largest independent furniture retailer, offering great value furniture for the lounge, bedroom, dining room and kitchen with stores across the UK and a wide range available online.
The main purpose of this role is to contribute to the smooth running of the warehouse and distribution operation. You are responsible for achieving all distribution and delivery targets as required.
Essential for the role:
- Have a very good understanding of English language
- A good understanding and experience of warehouse duties
- Computer literate
- Flexible as shift work will be involved, also weekend working will be required and overtime when required.
- Ensuring all stock corresponds with the purchase order/system. It must be categorised correctly (Sold, backing and shop floor stock) and each order (item) must carry an accurate stock ticket
- Ensuring that stock is stored appropriately and safely using ‘Space Management’
- Return damaged and faulty goods immediately, following the correct administrative procedures
- All recycling and furniture collected must be returned to the warehouse and disposed of safely and in line with company procedure
- Correct handling of all distribution related administration including goods received, delivery paperwork and delivery confirmation, returns to suppliers and the correct labelling of goods
- Preparing goods and documentation for Guardsman spraying prior to scheduled deliveries
- Ensure high standards of organisation, tidiness and cleanliness inside and outside the warehouse
- Ensure you understand and comply fully with all Fire and Health and Safety legislation and company procedures in respect of yourself, customers, visitors and colleagues, i.e. manual handling
- Ensure you understand and comply fully with all security procedures in respect of yourself, customers, visitors and colleagues. This includes data security and the storage and disposal of company, employee and customer information