Dedicated Primary HLTA Needed
Higher Level Teaching Assistant / HLTA - Durham
TeacherActive are looking for an experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistant / HLTA for a long term post, starting after the Easter Holidays in Durham.
The position is at a smaller than average Primary school and needs a strong HLTA who can create a calm welcoming atmosphere. The successful Higher Level Teaching Assistant / HLTA will be expected to cover classes and year groups when / where needed. You must have experience working with SEND, one to one and in small intervention groups.
The right HLTA needs to be someone who thrives of working with challenging behaviour has great classroom control and can motivate pupils to achieve their best.
The school is a fun, happy place to work and learn.
It is essential that you have/ are the following:
* HLTA certificate with experience in Key Stage 1 / KS2
* The enthusiasm to work with children with a variety of different personalities and skill levels
* A strong, confident individual who can take control of a classroom
* Able to engage well with pupils
* Able to work under your own initiative
* Smartly presented and with excellent time management skills
TeacherActive can offer the successful Higher Level Teaching Assistant / HLTA:
* A highly rewarding opportunity
* An excellent and competitive rate of pay
* Fantastic prospects of long term work
* The guarantee of a hard working consultant passionately and actively searching for the right job for you
TeacherActive have many other opportunities available to suit all requirements. To discuss them contact Nikita on 0191 580 7888 or email your CV to
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services.