Job Ref: CYM262
Based: 82-84 High Street, Mold, Flintshire, CH7 1BH
Part Time: Variable hours per week
Salary: £8.95 p.a.
Barnardo's Cymru has a comprehensive experience and expertise of delivering supervised contact in Wales and currently delivers in the Boroughs of Cardiff and Caerphilly. The North Wales is a new service which is working in partnership with CAFCASS providing expanding Barnardo's Cymru specialist supervised contact services.
The objectives of service is to promote the development of young children and their families through the provision of direct services which enable parents to build on their capacity to enhance their children's health and development.
The main purpose of this role is to provide advice, support and services to children, young people and their families in accordance with the aims and objectives of the service.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Supervising and assessing contact sessions, providing support and guidance to children and parents/relatives as appropriate, both before and after contact.
- Providing programmes of contact activity.
- Taking appropriate action to protect children's safety and promote their welfare, intervening where this is threatened and terminating the contact if deemed necessary.
- Preparing and maintaining case records and details of contact, in order to formulate how and if contact should progress.
- Performing associated administrative tasks and maintain strict confidentiality.
It is essential to have excellent communication skills. However depending upon the location of the referral, you would also need to have the ability to understand and express yourself in Welsh as well as English.
This is an on-going post; please return your application asap.
Please note the deadline for applications is 12 noon on the closing date.
We believe in embracing equality diversity and inclusion
Pre-employment Checks: Any Employment with Barnardo's will be subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
- Receipt of References satisfactory to Barnardo's.
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (if applicable to the role)
- If you have been living/travelling outside of the UK for 6 months or more a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC) will be required if applicable to the role
It is also very important when filling in the reference section of the application form that you ensure that you supply the referee details of all your employment experience covering the last five years, please use an extra A4 sheet if required. Please also indicate any gaps of employment in the appropriate section.
If you wish to download your application form and send it via the Royal Mail or deliver by hand please send to Cymru People Team, Barnardo's Cymru, Trident Court, East Moors Road, Cardiff CF24 5TD. Tel: 029 20493387. Or email hrrecruitCYMRU@barnardos.org.uk
FOR QUERIES RELATING TO THIS VACANCY PLEASE CALL 02920 493 387.
Please note we can only receive application forms in Word or PDF format; please do not attach application forms via SkyDrive. (CV's are accepted to support your application form ONLY).
To apply, please return the completed application form by email to the address below, quoting the job ref CYM262 in the subject line.
Interview Date(s): TBC