Vacancy Reference Number 64937BR
Job Title Christmas Customer Assistant
Location Birmingham, Longbridge
Function Area Customer Assistant/Consultant
Contract Type Fixed Term
Shift Pattern Part time flexible - including weekends
Hours per week 16 to 24 hours per week
Information About Our Stores We are now recruiting Christmas Customer Assistants for our Longbridge Town Cetnre store.
We are looking for candidates to start with us from 20th November onwards. We have a variety of shifts available across the store, working between the hours of 07:00am and 22:00pm and may include weekends.
Please note that due to the anticipated volume of applications expected for this vacancy, we will close the advert when we have met our requirements.
Life at Boots
We are the UK's leading Pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. Our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible and your role is really important in this. As a Christmas Customer Assistant, you are the first person our customers will see and speak to when they come into one of our stores at this special time of year, giving you a brilliant opportunity to deliver first class customer care.
Our customers are passionate about our brand and we’re even more passionate about helping them to feel good. You’ll be there for our customers, helping them to make sure that they leave with everything they need and want, with a fantastic experience in one our brilliant stores.
Christmas is a special time of year; it’s exciting but incredibly busy so we’ll provide you with all of the training and support you need to help you be at your best, have great conversations and provide excellent customer care. Joining us as a Christmas Customer Assistant is a great opportunity, whether it’s your first job and you’re looking to gain some valuable experience which will help accelerate your career, or maybe you’re looking for a change in career which we can support you. Whilst this is a temporary contract, there could be the potential for a permanent role later on depending on the opportunities in your store, so it could be the start of something new and something great.
Is this role right for you?
With the hustle and bustle of the festive season, we want to create a magical shopping experience and make sure that we can help our customers choose that perfect gift and here's how you will do it:
- Working with our customers: Whether that’s answering questions and giving great advice on our fantastic gifts, showing customer where a particular product is, or just being a friendly face on the shop floor, it’s the little things that make a big difference.
- Working as a team. In a busy environment your day will be filled and no two days will be the same. From helping with the delivery and ensuring our shelves are fully stocked, to working on the tills, you’ll also help to make sure that our stores are clean, tidy and presentable and ensure we have a store that we can be really proud of.
- Be a brand ambassador and a Christmas expert: You’ll know the products across your store meaning you can give great advice, especially on our fantastic 3 for 2 and Star Gifts. You’ll delight your customers with your excellent customer service showing them options they might not have considered before ensuring customers have the best possible experience at Boots.
- Processing ‘Order and Collect’ orders. Whether it’s using the in store Ipad to help customers check availability of products, placing orders on behalf of customers in store, or handling the order when it is delivered in store for a customer to collect, you’ll be digitally savvy and ready to help.
What we are looking for:
- Have customer care at the heart of everything you do with a true desire to help others
- Have excellent communication and listening skills
- Demonstrate real energy and enthusiasm in all that you do
- Be able to work as part of a team, supporting your colleagues and helping to deliver the business plan
- Have great attention to detail and take pride in making the little things count
- Be digitally savvy and comfortable with new technology
- Have a positive, caring attitude and be a brand ambassador
Want to find out more?
So what’s it like to be a Christmas Customer Assistant? Click below to watch Diane talk about her role.