Location Preston , Lancashire
Job type Permanent
External Reference RM/
Industry Banking and Financial Services
Audit/Accounts Senior/Supervisor - Preston
We have an excellent opportunity for an Audit/Accounts Senior/Supervisor to take up a position within our client's Preston office. They are an award winning professional services firm with an excellent reputation for training staff in a friendly and welcoming environment.
This is a permanent, full time vacancy that offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
The role is responsible for supporting the Corporate Services team in Preston to deliver a quality service to a portfolio of clients.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Acting as audit senior on a variety of audit work, including statutory audit of year end financial statements; grant audit, internal audit, client money audits for property professionals and Solicitors Accounts Rules audit.
* Working at client premises, supervising and training junior staff, developing client relationships and demonstrating a commercial approach to audit work performed.
* Taking responsibility for planning, field work and completion of accounts for a mixed portfolio of clients, including professional firms and general corporate businesses.
* Preparing statutory accounts for limited companies, limited liability partnerships, partnerships and sole traders
* Supervising accounts assistants on site and in the office to ensure assignments are completed on time and within budget
* Preparation of corporation tax and partnership tax returns
* Monitoring of jobs in progress, billing and managing own time
* Preparing draft reports and other documentation for presentation to clients
* Potential progression to Client Manager position
We are seeking a positive and enthusiastic candidate who is committed to providing outstanding client service, whilst concurrently taking responsibility for their own personal development. The successful candidate will be able to communicate with clients and colleagues in a professional manner and be a good team player, confidently leading the team to meet its objectives.
Our ideal candidate will:
* Be ACA/ACCA (or similar) qualified or qualified through experience
* Have a sound knowledge and experience of auditing standards and experience of a wide range of clients
* Have strong IT skills
* Have experience of supervising / training staff on accounts assignments
* Have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and to tailor communication appropriately
* Have experience in developing client relationships and understanding client service standards
* Have a strong commercial awareness
* Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
* Be solutions focused
Experience of working in legal firms or other professional practices would be advantageous.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.