An opportunity has arisen within WYG for an experienced Assistant to the Working Capital Manager.
The successful candidate will assist with the responsibility for management and development of the company’s project finance management and collections process. This is great opportunity for an individual with comparable experience looking for their next challenge in a high profile, global consultancy.
Being a leadership role, the successful applicant will assist in the management of 30 staff reports. The position reports to the Working Capital Manager and works closely with the Finance teams.
DisciplineGroup Business Services
- Ensuring market leading standards in Working Capital Management with project finance management, smooth billing and collections process and control of aged debt.
- Management responsibility for a large team, covering for team leaders in their absence.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly billing/collections targets are achieved.
- Working closely with partners and local finance managers to deliver results.
- Monitoring inventory levels and related exposure on fixed/capped fee matters.
- Monitoring exposure to clients and recommending appropriate actions.
- Working with the Finance teams to assist in delivering the successful implementation of a revenue management system
The successful individual must be able to work a flexible working pattern and be able to meet the demands of the business at key dates in the financial calendar.
You will be responsible for providing financial support to operational finance (Discipline Management Accountant, Assistant Financial Controller & Financial Controller), Project Directors and Project Managers so strong interpersonal skills is essential along with;
- Solid experience within a revenue management role including billing, collections and WIP management
- Proven leadership skills – able to develop and motivate teams and affect positive process improvements
- Highly credible and able to inspire trust and confidence from internal and external clients
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
A key aspect of the role will be the development of positive working relationships with other teams such as credit control, client services, operational finance and UK operations including Project Directors and Project Managers, gaining a sound understanding of the business so they are able to provide a high level of pro-active support.
Success in this role will be measured by the ability to manage all the Working Capital Teams in the absence of the Working Capital Manager.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
- WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
- WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
- WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance. You’ll also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
Our annual appraisal cycle provides a framework for managing your professional development and you’ll benefit from great training and support from our large national transport team. This is aimed at helping you develop, whilst achieving both your technical and career aspirations.
The WYG flexible benefits scheme was introduced in recognition of the fact that the needs and priorities of each individual differ. WYG “Flexible Benefits” is a menu of benefit options which allows you to vary your remuneration package to suit your own personal circumstances.