To support the growth of our business, the Infrastructure and Built Environment (I&BE) Division of WYG is now recruiting an Assistant Project Manager – Finance who will report to the C&S Head of Practice.
This role requires an experienced individual with a background in project accounting in a fast paced environment.
The role will offer full project financial accounting support to Project Directors and Project Managers on a daily basis and also interface with information and task requests from the I&BE Financial Controller / Assistant Financial Controller.
The role will be based in our Leeds/Manchester offices with responsibilities extending to our other offices throughout the UK.
Job typeCivil and Structural Engineering
LocationManchester - Quay West,Leeds
This role will ensure that we offer full financial support to the business helping the team to meet KPI’s and administering our projects with a high degree of accuracy and financial controls. Key tasks required as follows:
- Business partnering role working closely with Project Directors / Project Managers.
- Taking responsibility for the full financial life cycle of each project.
- Project Setup / PIN Forms / /Cost to Complete Schedules / Invoicing Schedules.
- Weekly/Monthly Invoicing – Assist PD’s and PM’s to instruct invoicing.
- Managing allocations and invoicing for both internal second parties and external sub-consultants
- Monthly Earnings – Assist with the estimating of monthly earnings values.
- FF&E – Assist in the preparation of monthly fee projection forecast reports.
- Project Reviews – review projects to ensure anticipated margins are being achieved and flag emerging issues to the Project Director’s and Project Manager’s including identifying need for additional fees.
- Monitor and amend projects when additional fees from the Client are received/required.
- Issue weekly and monthly reports to the Project Director’s to ensure accurate productivity levels are maintained for their teams and to keep them informed re project profitability.
In order to be considered for the post, candidates should have the following;
- An understanding of project financial issues, preferably in a professional service environment
- Excellent MS Excel skills preferably with knowledge of the use of pivot tables and look-up.
- Be able to demonstrate professionalism and a dedicated approach to achieving deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate at all levels across an organisation not fazed by dealing with senior people both within and external to WYG.
- The ability to challenge and influence at all levels within the organisation.
- Be a self-starter and naturally motivated as you will be left to work on your own once established.
- Not be afraid to ask difficult questions / challenge the status quo / look to improve the efficiency of the way we do things.
- Be able to work well under pressure, especially as regular deadlines approach e.g. month end and financial year end be able to travel to meet the needs of the business as and when required
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
- WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
- WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
- WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
A rewarding future is yours at WYG. We are committed to supporting your personal aspirations and with clear career paths and a wide range of opportunities, your goals will always be within reach. Our blended learning experience will help you develop all the skills and qualifications you need to succeed. Fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards make up an excellent package.