Vacancy Reference Number 61359BR
Job Title Assistant Manager
Location Birmingham, High Street
Function Area Retail Management
Contract Type Permanent
Hours per week Over 35 hours per week
We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2,500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For over 165 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
What’s in it for you?
You will develop your retail knowledge, alongside your leadership skills, to deliver the best possible care and service to our customers. With opportunities to progress your career in beauty, pharmacy and opticians, our brilliant training teams will ensure you have all the tools you need to succeed in your current role and beyond. From local pharmacies to flagship stores the variety of career opportunities we provide is something we are very proud to offer. In addition, as part of your reward package you will receive a great company pension scheme, excellent staff discount, discretionary bonus and 22 days holiday plus bank holidays along with having access to additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs.
Working alongside the Store Manager you will be given the opportunity to lead and inspire growth, to deliver the company strategy. With a customer led approach, you will role model exceptional leadership to ensure customers remain at the heart of everything we do.
Key responsibilities include:
- With excellent engagement you will lead, challenge and ultimately inspire your team to deliver business growth by providing exceptional care to our customers and patients
- Drive passion and energy in your team to deliver on sales and service targets, always keeping a firm eye on costs and profitability, and ensuing continuous improvement where possible
- Deliver a sustainable and efficient retail and pharmacy operating platform in your store to ensure stock availability, control costs, minimise loss and meet our customers and patients expectations
- Create and maintain a brilliant culture where we proactively deliver life-long pharmacy customers
- Accountability for cash accounting compliance within your department and that all related polices are implemented and upheld
- Support the store succession plan by developing talent for your store and key roles within the region
- Conducting regular reviews, audits and risk assessments to protect patient and public safety
- Work with the Store Manager to own and improve loss performance including payment loss, retail waste, and retail stock loss
Our ideal candidate
To be successful in this role you will have a professional, and caring character and true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
- Be an excellent leader with the ability to coach and develop individuals and teams
- Have first class communication skills, and act as a recognised brand ambassador to Boots throughout your store and region
- A strong understanding of how to lead and deliver a company strategy, with the ability to implement in a given store to drive strong performance results
- Ability to work at pace and react to the changing needs of the customer
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
- Thrive in a team centred approach with strong collaborative working
- Have a passion for keeping up to date with your own learning and development
- Be digitally savvy and comfortable with navigating and embracing new technology