ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER – BROMLEY
Rexel UK Limited has a great opportunity for an individual to support with the management in our Bromley branch as an Assistant Branch Manager. You will be required to build on the branch’s existing success within the electrical supplies sector you will support the Business Manager with tasks including management of staff and ensuring that sales, profit and service level targets are consistently achieved.
- Manage the internal sales office on a daily basis, driving account management activities with branch colleagues, whilst having their own basket of accounts to manage.
- Personally provide account management for nominated accounts and share current customer trading information with relevant colleagues.
- Support the Business Manager to implement the strategic and tactical business plan for the branch and convert this into profitable day-to-day business performance.
- Champion and drive forward sales and customer service initiatives within the branch team.
- Monitor and take appropriate action to ensure that the branch achieves its daily sales/profitability targets and all agreed service levels.
- Manage the Customer Order trackers on a daily basis, regularly reviewing and taking relevant action.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the business through active collaboration in activities required as a senior member of the local branch management team and the recognised deputy to the Business Manager.
- Work with the Business Manager to develop and implement customer terms and pricing and ensure that these are clearly understood by branch and external sales colleagues.
- Work with the Business Manager to cultivate collaborative working relationships with key suppliers, review and maintain the branch stock profile in liaison with Supply Chain colleagues.
- Actively identify and manage local stock levels, in conjunction with Supply Chain colleagues, to ensure optimum stock levels and action reductions in slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Ensure that the Operational Checklist (Daily/Weekly/Monthly) is reviewed as required and all actions are followed up.
- Co-ordinate cycle counting activities and personally review/check after it has been completed by branch colleagues, including stock adjustments, in line with process and audit requirements, flagging up any discrepancies without delay.
- Complete invoice review and authorisation on a daily basis in the absence of the Business Manager.
- Ensure compliance with administrative processes and procedures in line with company requirements and act as cover when the administrator is absent.
- Support the Business Manage in co-ordinating daily driver activity, taking account of priority deliveries and key customer requirements.
- Continually review branch operating systems, procedures and practices and implement any changes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency, and to reduce costs.
- Support the Business Manager in achieving business goals by training, coaching and appraising branch colleagues to deliver enhanced performance and build their capabilities.
- Assist the Branch Manager in people related issues, including attendance, performance and conduct so that their operational performance delivers budget targets, agreed KPI’s and is in line with company standards.
- High levels of product, electrical industry and local customer and competitor base knowledge
- High levels of commercial acumen
- Strong sales and negotiation skills, including telesales and account management
- Sound knowledge of branch processes and procedures across all branch functions
- Demonstrated passion for providing first class customer service
- Stand in for Business Manager in times of absence
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive pension, life assurance, medical cover option and 25 days holiday plus statutory holiday
Rexel is a truly global distributor and provider of supply solutions to a wide range of markets and customers with over 30,000 employees. In the UK we support our customers through a number of market leading brands including Newey & Eyre, WF Senate, Denmans, Wilts and Parker Merchanting.