Salary: £ 65000 Type: Permanent Location: Bristol Ref: JS2711RD Date Posted: 27-11-2017
2x Senior Java Developer
Bristol City Centre
£45,000 - £65,000
Java 8, SQL, Data Warehousing, Spring, Hibernate, Python, AWS, Docker, MySQL, TDD, DDD, RESTful API's
Do you want to work for a tech company that are growing in every technology department currently?
Do you enjoy working with the latest technologies in an environment that thrives on utilising modern methodologies?
Keep reading on if you would like to work with peers that have worked with prestigious technology companies and are keen on knowledge transfer with new employees with the total aim of continuing to disrupt a large industry
A growing tech start-up based in London are expanding upon it's South West offering by recruiting 2 Java Developers to the new Bristol office. There is already a small team of Bristol based developers and there is an appetite to grow the South West function.
This client are building multiple leading edge solutions and have recently completed a round of recruitment and are now expanding again and are on the lookout for 2x Senior Java Developer to join the ranks. You'll be using a variety of technologies on a daily basis including Java 8, Spring, Hibernate, Python, AWS, Docker, MySQL, TDD, DDD, RESTful API's, whilst being the go to guy or gal on OO principles and SOLID.
This business pride themselves on being a great place to learn, that provide you with a blend of autonomy and team projects. Above all else they appreciate technologists that are engineers by nature who write clean, simple code.
You'll be joining a relatively small dev team of 20 as one of the key players and you will be in a very strong position as the company continues to grow.
- Excellent SQL. This is so important; the organisation have a fair amount of advanced SQL in the services; And SQL is the interface which the analysts use, the reports are written in, so it's very useful to be able to reverse engineer requirements from what's being run.
- Understanding of data warehousing (DW) concepts and schema design, and the differences between a DW and transactional databases would be hugely beneficial.
- Any experience with Amazon's Redshift a bonus, and any experience with optimising Redshift bonus+++.
- In lieu of Redshift, experience with PostgreSQL would also be useful since there's commonality between the two (and dev tooling/cli is the same).
- Streaming/event-driven data processing
- Data-driven/batch processing and service design/architecture
- Experience with the core set of additional AWS tech: S3, Kinesis, RDS
- Java concurrency-related knowledge (threads, executors, and management)
Additional bonus if you have any of the following:
- Experience/knowledge of Amazon Elastic Map Reduce, Kinesis Analytics, Amazon Athena.
If this role sounds of interest please do not hesitate to send your CV and details to Rory Dare at or call 0117 9733 281
Southern Lights Ltd act as an employment agency for the purposes of this vacancy.