As the leading provider of care home services in the UK, we are always looking for potential employees who not only share our high standards, but also care passionately about the work they do and the people they work with.
Why work for Barchester?
We believe that Barchester Healthcare care homes provide our people with some of the best care in the UK and make up a network of incredibly rewarding workplaces for all of our staff.
At Barchester, we care about all staff as individuals; we appreciate that everyone brings with them different skills and experience and we want to build on that. We believe in empowering people and Barchester prides itself on steering clear of the bureaucracy which has become commonplace in healthcare today. We feel this enables individuals the freedom to develop professionally and facilitates their career pathways.
Don’t just take our word for it – we are delighted to be voted into the ‘Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies To Work For 2011’. We’re particularly proud of this award as it’s voted for anonymously by our own staff and it’s the third year in a row that we’ve won this award! We are also the only healthcare provider to make it into the Top 25!
We never underestimate the value of our staff
In addition to the working environment and continuous professional development we place great emphasis on helping to maintain a positive work-life balance for all our people. From day one, we know that you will feel 'at home'. Most people stay with us for many years, which is a reflection of the happy working environment we promote and work towards, at all times.
Barchester Healthcare is large enough to offer its people the support they need, but we are also small enough to care about each employee as an individual. We are about finding jobs for people; not people for jobs! We give you the autonomy to develop your management skills and further your career.
- Excellent remuneration packages
- Generous annual leave allowance and pension
- Long service awards
- Voluntary benefit scheme including: retail discount vouchers, Child Care vouchers, discounted holiday / leisure vouchers and much more.
- Employee help line to support staff in times of need
- Strong support network with access to specialists including Clinical Development Nurses, Marketing teams, a Recruitment Support Office, an IT department and HR.
- Continued professional development including access to the Barchester Business School
- Job security - Barchester is a stable company which through strategic planning has continued to grow. In 2011 we opened a number of new homes and units, and currently there are 12 developments planned for 2012.